The Permanent Representation of Côte d'Ivoire to International Commodity Organisations has always been headed by a Permanent Representative who is appointed by presidential decree, upon proposal by the Minister of Commerce.
The current Permanent Representative
The current Permanent Representative is Mr Aly Touré, who was appointed by H.E.Mr Alassane Ouattara, President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, on 17 February 2011. He had formerly held the post of Commercial Attaché at the Permanent Representation, from 2004 to 2009, before being assigned back to the capital.
Previous Permanent Representatives
Previous Permanent Representatives have included the following personalities (in chronological order):
- From 2001 to 2011- Mr Saint-Cyr DJIKALOU
- From 1991 to 2000- Mr Assui Alain DELON
- From 1986 to 1989- Mr Guy-Emmanuel Alain GAUZE
- From 1982 to 1986- Mr Edouard KOUAME, who went on to become Executive Director of the International Cocoa Organisation until 2001.
- From 1976 to 1981- Mr Jean-Marie KACOU GERVAIS
- From 1969 to 1976- Mr Georges Coffi N’DIA
- From 1963 to 1969- Mr Seydou Elimane DIARRA, later Prime Minister of Côte d’Ivoire from 2001 to 2003.